Manufacturing Data Engineer
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
As a Manufacturing Data Engineer you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining data architectures and systems that support manufacturing processes. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to ensure the efficient collection, storage, and analysis of manufacturing data to drive insights and improve operational efficiency.
- Design and implement data architectures to support the collection, storage, and retrieval of manufacturing data.
- Ensure data structures align with business needs and enable efficient data processing.
- Integrate data from various manufacturing systems and sources to create a unified and comprehensive dataset.
- Develop and maintain ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes to ensure data accuracy and consistency.
- Administer and optimize manufacturing databases to ensure performance, security, and scalability.
- Implement data governance and quality assurance processes.
- Collaborate with data analysts and business intelligence teams to develop reports and dashboards that provide actionable insights for manufacturing operations.
- Support the implementation of advanced analytics and machine learning models for predictive maintenance and process optimization.
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers, IT professionals, and other stakeholders to understand data requirements and deliver solutions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for data-driven improvements in manufacturing processes.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies in data engineering and manufacturing.
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement in data management and analytics.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Proven experience in data engineering, with a focus on manufacturing environments.
- Experience with IOT protocols (Rest API, MQTT) and Fieldbus protocols (Modbus, OPC UA)
- Experience with database systems (SQL, NoSQL)
- Knowledge of ETL processes and tools.
- Familiarity with manufacturing processes and systems.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
Pay Range: $105,000 - $115,000
*Base salary only. Salary is dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and long-term disability insurance.