Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This is a Remote position available in the Midwest Region.
As a Field Engineer, you are responsible for taking a data-driven, technical approach to solve product issues, drive continuous improvement of product field performance, and develop Aperia’s understanding of product field application. Working across multiple product lines you will develop an expert level of knowledge of Aperia’s tire inflator and telematics products and their application on vehicles through a combination of desk and field work.
- Travel to truck and trailer fleet, dealership, upfitter, and OEM locations to support Aperia’s business and product needs.
- Collect and analyze vehicle application data related to product performance and fit in collaboration with the Product Operations and Engineering teams to facilitate continuous product, process, and customer experience improvements.
- Develop product installation best practices and work instructions for hardware installed on a variety of vehicle makes and models in conjunction with the engineering and field technician team.
- Plan and execute new product field validation testing in conjunction with the Sales and Engineering teams.
- Support the Field Technicians, Sales, and Customer Support by troubleshooting and determining corrective actions to customer, product, and/or process issues identified in the field.
- Maintain detailed records of work completed in the field.
- Represent the product operations team as a liaison to the Operations team for activities requiring a voice of the customer (e.g. how to package parts for field service kits).
- Assist the Sales team in interpreting customer specifications and determining the associated hardware required to fulfill their order by maintaining expert knowledge of product offerings and applications.
- Assist Product Operations team in interpreting telematics data and tying the data to possible field occurrences.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
This role requires travel up to 50% of the time, including some weekend travel.
Pay Range: $80,000 - $108,000
*Base salary only. Salary is dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401(k), and long-term disability insurance.