Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
The role of the Manufacturing Quality Engineer reports to the Quality Director. The role will be
focused on manufacturing quality activities including; improving process control methods,
creating inspection plans and measurement methods, working with internal engineering and
operations teams to improve the manufacturing process, working with external suppliers.
● Develop and improve quality processes with a focus on incoming and in-process quality
issue prevention and resolution.
● Develop and improve manufacturing process audit programs to ensure best
manufacturing practices, adherence to process definition, improvement in product quality
● Statistically analyze production data using SQL data, Microsoft Excel, G-Suite and
Minitab to generate reports and proposals designed to resolve quality issues.
● Collaborate with Manufacturing and Engineering to continuously improve processes
● Utilize the ERP & QMS systems to create inspection plans and to execute workflows for
NCR, MRB, CAR, SCAR, RCA, 8D.
● Conduct root cause analysis and bring to closure any quality issues that are identified on
the manufacturing line or from suppliers.
● Support new product/process qualifications including running trials, testing products and
reporting results and recommendations.
● Create working documents for quality tasks and train quality technicians on the
procedures and methods to be used.
● Support new supplier product/process qualifications including running trials, testing
products and reporting results and recommendations.
● Monitor and improve supplier quality by performing system audits and on-site audits.
Follow through on resolution of issues impacting manufacturing yield or customer issues.
● Participate in various special projects that support the operations and engineering
● Education in Engineering, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering is preferred
● 4+ years of experience as a quality or manufacturing engineer in a high-volume
manufacturing environment, automotive preferred.
● Experience in Development and New Product Introduction preferred.
● 1-2 years of experience and working knowledge of key quality tools used in the
manufacturing of technical products (5-Why, Fishbone, Gage R&R, GD&T, 8D/CAPA for
● Experience working with database systems in order to extract, format, analyze and
report out conclusions/recommendations
● Hands on experience using metrology equipment from basic hand tools to CMM, vision
systems and similar
● This job requires travel up to 25% and some flexibility in work hours to support
Pay Range: $112,000 - $120,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Addition compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.