Lead Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
As a Lead Manufacturing Engineering Technician you will be responsible for ensuring the efficiency of the production processes, the quality of products, and the optimization of procedures in a manufacturing environment.
- Provide on-site support for troubleshooting and repair of manufacturing equipment as needed to avoid downtime.
- Regularly procure, build, and debug systems containing electrical control panels, automated test equipment by company standards.
- Support initiatives for the setup and commissioning of manufacturing equipment and processes when necessary.
- Organize and maintain equipment in the shared engineering workspace on a daily basis ensuring a productive and safe working environment.
- Perform computer and printer debugging and work with IT to resolve issues when needed ensuring workflow efficiency.
- Consciously document procedures related to the above responsibilities to ensure tasks are always done consistently and efficiently.
- Provide reports to management regarding overall equipment performance and make recommendations on how to improve performance ensuring optimal productivity.
- Continuously assist with other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Maintain schedule for manufacturing support personnel on a daily basis in collaboration with management.
- Associate degree in the electrical or mechanical-oriented field
- 5 years of mechanical, electromechanical, or manufacturing technician experience.
- Read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Experience implementing 5S principles.
- Follow written procedures accurately.
- Attention to detail and ability to document any discrepancies during product assembly and test workflow.
- Good mechanical skills including use of common manual and powered hand tools.
- Familiar with standard lab test & measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes and multimeters.
- Able to view and understand CAD models and mechanical drawings and use SolidWorks to view assemblies is preferred.
- Solid computer skills for documentation and tracking (Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Slack, etc.) is preferred.
- Experience with automated test & measurement equipment is preferred.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience with IT equipment (desktop computers, printers, peripherals) is preferred.
- Experience working using quality management systems such as ISO 9001 or IATF 16949 is a plus.
- The ideal candidate should be a self-starter, disciplined, flexible, and able to work with multifunctional teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidates should thrive in a fast-paced and demanding start-up.
Pay Range: $70,000 - $90,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.