Principal Cloud Engineer
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This Role is Remote onsite as needed.
This is an opportunity for a seasoned cloud engineer to play a crucial role in the maturation of our Halo Connect platform. From architecture to implementation, your contributions and collaboration with the engineering organization will enable new levels of scalability and drive customer value. Your experience designing, deploying and maintaining services, ranging from IoT platforms to data products, will have a direct impact on our continued success in the market. In a high-communication and hands-on environment, you will be a thought leader in a team of empowered engineers who have passion for the products they work on and care about their users. We look forward to you sharing your expertise and working together to make Halo Connect something we’re all proud of.
- Design, deploy, and maintain new and existing services with a focus on IoT device management and operations
- Design and implement systems to transform large data sets into assets for insight generation
- Design and optimize cloud infrastructure to deliver optimal performance
- Provide coaching and mentorship to elevate the level of those you work with
- Contribute to feature oriented work in software engineering and test automation disciplines
- Working with other engineering disciplines and field technicians to understand problems, propose solutions and refine requirements
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Master’s in Computer Science or related field preferred (other degrees considered depending on experience )
- Minimum 10 years’ experience developing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining scalable systems
- Practical experience with data products and Data Science
- Proven experience in designing and developing IoT products with large install base
- Proven experience in designing and developing systems to manage IoT devices at scale
- Demonstrated experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud platforms in production environments
- Amazon Web Services Certified Solutions Architect – Professional preferred
- A background in mathematics and statistics is a plus
- Demonstrated success showing leadership in remote, highly collaborative environments
- Self-motivated, proactive, curious, and driven to learn and improve.
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills.
Pay Range: $170,000 - $200,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.
Something looks off?