Principal Firmware Engineer
Aperia is unlocking a new era of efficiency and sustainability for commercial vehicle fleets, by developing innovative hardware and data analytics solutions. Inventors of the award- winning and disruptive Halotm Automatic Tire Inflator, and the cloud delivered Halo Connect tire analytics platform. Aperia saves fleets thousands of hours of down-time every week, reduces the carbon footprint and environmental impact of the freight industry. Join us as we expand our product offering and take the next steps on our journey toward bringing the "backbone of our economy" into the automation age.
This is a Hybrid/Onsite Position
This is an opportunity for a principal-level firmware engineer to play a crucial role in the evolution of our Halo Connect platform. You will collaborate with all parts of the larger engineering team to bring new diverse feature sets and next generation hardware to market. You will work in a high-communication environment as part of a team of empowered engineers who have passion for the products they work on and care about their end users. We’re looking forward to you sharing your experience, and working together, to make Aperia’s Halo products be something we’re all proud of. Since we are still a small organization, your contributions will have a big impact on the product, our company, and our customers.
- Architecting firmware for complex electromechanical IoT embedded systems.
- Leading continuous improvement and ensuring quality of the codebase through unit testing, mentoring, code reviews, maintaining code standards, automation, etc.
- Designing and implementing wireless communication interfaces, state machines, fault detection, hardware control algorithms, battery management, and sensing.
- Working with other engineering disciplines and field technicians to understand problems, propose solutions, refine requirements, and deliver timely solutions in an iterative development and design culture.
Qualifications and Requirments
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering; Master’s preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience architecting, developing, and deploying firmware
- Expert knowledge of C programming language
- Extensive architectural experience with FreeRTOS, Embedded Linux, and bare metal applications
- Experience in the Internet of Things (IoT) space. Experience in control systems preferred.
- Deep implementation experience with memory management, interrupt service routines, bootloaders, and over-the-air firmware management strongly desired
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as GPIO, SPI, I2C, UART, CAN bus, and NFC
- Hands on experience validating and troubleshooting firmware/hardware systems using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, debuggers, advanced digital multimeters, and dataloggers
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTPS; data encryption strongly desired
- Demonstrated success working in remote, highly collaborative environments
- Self-motivated, proactive, independent, curious, and driven to learn and improve
- Strong problem analysis and solving skills
- Experience with wireless interfaces including LTE, GNSS, BLE, and ISM band
- Experience with popular BLE chipsets with associated SDKs (e.g., Nordic nRF52 with Zephyr/Nordic Connect) and TPMS SoCs in ultra-low power environments
Pay Range: $150,000 - $250,000
*Base salary only. Salary dependent on multiple factors including, but not limited to, experience and location.
**Additional compensation may include equity, bonuses, stipends, medical, dental, vision, 401-k, and long-term disability insurance.
Something looks off?